With the advent of technology in HRM department, it is not surprising that recruiters and hiring managers seek candidates with certifications from reputed credentialing bodies. Interestingly, till few years back, certification in HR field was not considered mandatory, and HR professionals never faced any obstacles in their career growth.
However, things are different now, as more and more hiring managers seek highly qualified (read certified professionals) individuals in the HR position. The need for professional HR certification has risen over the years. There has been an upward surge in the demand as recruiters are also seeking candidates with skills like Talent Management added to their professional portfolio.
So for all those planning a career in human resources management, here’s a list of top seven HR certification programs and talent management certifications that are considered best in terms of curriculum and are recognized by the industry veterans. Each of these HR certification (offered by Human Resources Certification Institute or HRCI and Society of Human Resources Management or SHRM) and talent management certification (offered by Talent Management Institute or TMI programs and Talent Management Certification Program or TMCP) comprises all the latest tools and techniques practiced in the corporate world.
Starting with HR certifications that are quite popular within the industry include –
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR): One of the renowned HR certification program from the house of HRCI, PHR focuses on program implementation, operational adjustments along with current tactics that are practiced in the contemporary workplace. The program also equips participants not only with the US laws and other company related laws. The program is highly recommended for entry level professionals.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR): Designed for senior HR professionals who have a certain level of experience in the field and want to take their careers to the next level. It is also considered ideal for those seeking leadership positions within the organization.
- SHRM-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP): This certification program is ideal for the professionals who have just started their career in HR and want to learn all about the HR practices, company laws and other operational tasks related to the HR department.
- SHRM-Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP): Curated especially for Senior HR professionals, SHRM-SCP focuses on developing leadership skills in HR professionals. With the programs like performance metrics, analysis among others, this program is ideally suited for HR professionals who have gained certain experience and now want to go for leadership positions.
Now let’s have a look at the talent management certification programs, which has been making its presence and importance felt in the modern corporate workplace. Interestingly, talent management emerged as a sub-set from HRM, is now a full-fledged branch in itself and is highly sought by recruiters across the industry.
- Talent Management Practitioner (TMP): Designed for entry level professional, TMP is an ideal certification program for the recent graduates. With the rise in demand for talent management professionals, TMP ensures that you are equipped with all critical principles, techniques, tools and theories that are currently practiced in Talent Management.
- Senior Talent Management Practitioner (STMP): This certification program is for you, if you wish to catapult yourself into high demanding talent management roles. With this certification program you can drive yourself through the Talent Management discipline quite efficiently and effectively. With STMP certification program you will be able to establish yourself as a leader in talent management.
- Talent Management Certification Program (TMCP): Curated by Institute of Organization Development, TMCP is an ideal choice for participants who want to gain practical skills to move ahead in the field of talent management. The program ensures to equip the candidates with latest skills, knowledge and best industry practices in the field of talent management.
With these list of seven top certification programs in HR and talent management, the HR professionals along with talent management professionals will be able to stay ahead in their careers. While HR certifications play an important role in job searching, the real value of professional HR certifications to come to fore when seeking promotions in your career.
And with war for talent on full swing, corporate world seeks talent management professionals who with their strategic leadership and management are able to attract, recruit and retain the top talent in an organization.